The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Charactor filled Monaco
In Response To: BLUE AND GOLD STEVE ()

Hi Brian,
yes Tag ran dry of 1133B Monaco dials around 6 years ago & as we all know there are no stock of these dials anywhere in the the secondary market.
I think you've done the right thing - get the watch serviced and start wearing it. I have watches in both mint condition and in worn/damaged/heavily patina'd condition & i sometimes think its these less than perfect examples that bring me the most pleasure to stare at the charactor filled faces.
So start using your Monaco & enjoy it.

Here's my HEAVILY aged Monaco - used regularly and absolutely adored for its failings

Cheers - Darren
-
-

Messages In This Thread

BLUE AND GOLD STEVE
Re: BLUE AND GOLD STEVE
Re: BLUE AND GOLD STEVE
Charactor filled Monaco
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE