The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
When I Saw the JLC . . .

When I saw the JLC, I had exactly the same thought . . . and almost cried, that TAG Heuer had not gone this direction.

Heuer did the Autavia re-issue, based on the "Siffert" automatic. It has done several Carreras, based on the 1964 model.

What a fantastic 50th Anniversary it could have been for the Autavia, had TAG Heuer created this one, rather than JLC. This would have been a great homage to the first Autavias. We can quibble with specific elements, but it's fair to say that this "look" (and the specifically the bezel) belong to Heuer, at least as much as they belong to JLC.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++

:

: New JlC Deep Sea being shown at Geneva this week.

: Not totally keen on the numbering in the registers but something
: like this case would have been perfect for an Autavia
: re-edition.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE