The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Support Group
In Response To: Re: Support Group ()

: You should point out how good you are for asking the question first
: Carl, at that point a lot of watch collectors would be
: surreptitiously sliding their arm further up their cuff, hoping
: she wouldn't notice the new acquisition :)

Sounds like a man talking from experience! I reckon i need maybe two more then I shall have enough that she will have glossed over what I do have, and tell her that its an old one back from service,

Infact nearly as important as the fantastic reference pages on OTD there should be an excuses page. what has worked/what hasnt/ similar watches that the good lady wouldnt be able to tell the difference etc etc etc

the old ' this one is it for a while now' line is wearing very thin in my house!!:)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE