The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Siffert and Rodriquez 917s at Spa and Porsche posters

Classic And Sports Car magazine put this picture on Facebook yesterday:

It's a famous picture and I'm sure a lot of you have seen it before, you can buy prints through LAT (I have no affiliation to them), which is something I'm about to do. An amazing photo of two superb drivers, in one of the best ever racing cars going into probably the best corner in motor racing.

I already have this one on the wall, a superb shot of Pedro Rodriguez at the Brands Hatch 1000km race in 1970:

http://www.mikehaywardcollection.com/product/3392/pedro-rodriguez-porsche-917.htm

Again, not in any way affiliated to the photographer! Rodriguez was black flagged just after the start, lost a lap and despite his teammate doing his best to go backwards, won the race by five clear laps from the next car (I think Siffert's car went out and it was another 917 in second place). From lurking on here for ages I know that there's some motor sport interest, especially with Heuer's association with various drivers and that film. I thought you might be interested to know about these prints.

As well as a collection of watches and about 60 1:18 scale Porsche models (mostly 917s, 904s and 906s), I have a lot of Mercedes and Porsche racing posters, along with event posters from races like Le Mans. Mercedes and Porsche would produce a poster every time they won a race, they'd distribute the posters to dealers (Mercedes stopped in 1955 but Porsche still produce posters after every success). Here are some of the Porsche ones, sadly at the moment I only have two Targa Florio posters on the wall at home, the fiancee doesn't like my car posters, and my new office only has space for three posters. Come to think of it she doesn't like watches or cars, I'm not sure why I'm still with her.

These are in my old office. The 1970 Spa poster is on the left in this picture:

They're all genuine original posters, this is one of the rarest, I bought it from a seller in the US (I'm in the UK) and waited very nervously for it to arrive. The fiancee hates it, which is why it's on the wall at home...

I have about 100 Porsche posters in total, with about 15 in frames. One day I'll have a garage big enough for the cars and with enough wall space for a load of the posters.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE