The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Agree with everyone
In Response To: Agree with everyone ()

: Nice one James. Not only do you now have a great watch, but you
: wrote a great report so we can all share a bit :)

: We used to see much more basket case watches than this restored
: quite often, but don't seem to see as many now - maybe people
: are investing the restoration up front to make more back before
: selling. The last few flea markets I went to have been devoid of
: those watches that looked like someone took sandpaper to them,
: even in the big jumbled boxes, I'd love to see that sort of buy
: make a comeback.

Thanks Mark, well with a large budget i suppose its easier to just buy the best examples but sadly i don't have that big budget. Therefore i have to look at those less than perfect or even worse. Its only getting harder as well due to the strong price of the Heuers, current climate, etc. :(

I do have to admit it though, i like a project and without sounding all romantic its nice to have that connection with the watch as opposed to just being another watch, strip everything down, put it back together with improvements and then it truely feels like its mine.

I'm sure you'll know what i'm rambling about. :)

James.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE