The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Good question Lanny!
In Response To: Good question Lanny! ()

well it seems like there is some disagreement between the veterans.

I don't have the longevity of history and the experience that it comes with, but i will also say that i do not have any of the bias that a longevity of history may bring with it.

as a novice, and someone that has in the short period of time that i have been collecting seen both white dial color variants with an MH bezel and plenty of black dial variants with T bezels, it seems illogical and somewhat misleading to denote that 1163T denotes a an autavia with a t bezel only if the color is not black.

should we collectively maybe reconsider a nomenclature that is purely factual (is it an 1163, 1630 or 11063) and (does it have a tachy bezel or a miniute/hour bezel) that way every watch can be categorized in a logical way.

or maybe i should just mind my own business.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE