The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
"We will probably be ending the listing by Friday if . . ."
In Response To: Siffert on eBay ()

bidding doesn't pick up". What does that mean, that you are not going to honor whoever the top bidder is at the end of the auction if you don't like the highest $ bid? Please clarify as that would be a violation of e-bay auction policies not to mention downright unscrupulous seller activity. I hope I have misinterpreted what you are saying. You need to realize that towards the very end of the auction there may, or may not be, a flurry of last minute bids. That's what an auction if for. The highest bidder wins the item unless the seller lists an initial minimum bid that isn't met. You haven't done that so whoever is the top bidder at the conclusion of your auction is entitled to the watch after payment. Auctions are not a game that the seller can arbitrarily withdraw from if he isn't happy with what he/she perceive may be the outcome. If the majority of sellers behaved that way, there would be no e-bay. No one would want to waste their time bidding on an item controlled by the whim of the seller's mood or expectations as the auction neared its conclusion. Again, please tell me that isn't your intention and I have misinterpreted your post.
Thanks
Steve

: Selling this watch has turned out to be a difficult task for
: someone who has minimal watch/Heuer knowledge; thanks to
: Chronocentric, OnTheDash and everyone else who has helped, it is
: greatly appreciated!

: If anyone wants to make an offer, now is the time, we will probably
: be ending the listing by Friday if bidding doesn't pick up

:
: http://www.ebay.com/itm/110837658772?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

: Additional photos available upon request

: I am not a regular to this site so please be in contact through
: email or eBay

: Due to the overwhelming interest, I have created a new email
: specifically for this, siffertforsale@aol.com

: All offers, purchase price (if the auction doesn't run its course)
: and buyer will be kept confidential

: Thanks again

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE