The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuers and Tags at Goodwood yesterday

Yesterday I was at the Goodwood press day for the Festival Of Speed and Revival. The event is now bigger than the first couple of Festival of Speed events and there were a lot of cars doing passenger runs up the hill. Here's what I was wearing, a 2446 Heuer Autavia

Like the jammy bugger I am, I managed to get a ride up the hill in a Ferrari 250 SWB

Here's the film footage, the driver was being careful and messed up the right/left corners past the house so slowed right down for the rest of the run. It was the first time he'd driven up the course and the first time he'd done a fast start in the car (what's an alloy-bodied 250 SWB worth these days? Lots of racing history with the Rodriquez brothers etc, a couple of million pounds?)

Some Tags at the event too. The "Speed Collection" Carrera was very nice but £3,000 and limited to 250 examples

I also had a ride round the rally stage in an ex-works Healey 3000, here's a picture of the timers in the car.

Karma caught up with me once I got home, I dropped the 2446 and while cosmetically it's fine, and it keeps time well, it seems to have a louder ticking, will have to be sent off to be checked over.

There were some cars at the event:

and some bikes:

And here are some pictures from the Tag press pack:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE