The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: lug size on carrera 1153, bracelet need ;-)

As Paul says, the lugs are 20mm.

I agree with Paul too that they are a bit under-appreciated at the moment. The first gen case is the iconic one, that TAG-Heuer emulates now, but the 2nd generation was longer-lived and available in a large range of dials and case materials (if you include the Monza case with PVD and chrome versions):

6 different movements and 3 different case materials in those 8 watches :)

They wear quite a bit bigger than the first gen too, for anyone thinking those are just a bit too small (they're not, it's just smaller watches are out of fashion nowadays - better that than lugs hanging over the edge of someone's wrist in my opinion, that just looks ridiculous to me).

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE