The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Righto.. I have pics now.. 11630T Black/White

This is the one we were talking about earlier, a 11630 without the 'V' stamped on the case. From the serial no. (300950) Mark states that it is most likely post-Viceroy promotion, so I'm guessing it's 1973-9. (Cheers Mark). It's a more common deep-dish Schmitz case version. What is nice about this one, is that the surface 'gloss' on the tachy insert has worn away, leaving a very deep matt grey/black, which is just lovely - the silver tachy scale really 'punches' out against the matt. I hadn't planned to put it on a 'perlon' NATO strap, but I think it looks wonderful on it!

I have the 'standard' 1163 Viceroy model too, so I wasn't that excited about getting this one, but I am bowled over by it, it really is quite beautiful, and just goes to show you don't have to spend a lot of time and effort hunting an elusive model, or spend a fortune to really enjoy a vintage watch.. In fact, these Autavias must be bargain of the century right now, what you get pound for pound is astonishing.

As this isn't technically a 'Viceroy', I'm guessing it's official model name is simply 11630T (Black/White).. if anyone knows better, please let me know...

I don't normally comment on the quality of my pics, as I'm no photographer, but the pics on the orange/red tariners have come out (by pure luck) well beyond what I expected!! A bit of colour makes such a difference!!

Cheers
Stewart

Messages In This Thread

Righto.. I have pics now.. 11630T Black/White
Re: Righto.. I have pics now.. 11630T Black/White
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE