The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Tame that grooviness
In Response To: Tame that grooviness ()

: I'm hoping you can rescue if from shagadelic misery...

Yes. Well, at least that is the plan to take it back to stock.
Mark is right about the elephant in the room with the pvd gone. I know the hands need to be relumed, but to me the most important thing is that the dial appears to be in good shape. A movement can be repaired, hands relumed/repainted, and a case refinished but a good dial for all intents and purposes can't be replicated. That is the key and its taken me a little bit to figure that out.
With any luck the ref and serial numbers are still there but I'm not going to hold my breath. Otherwise I'm thinking I should be able to get some really good results redoing the case.

Eddie

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE