The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Dubois -- Verona, Daytona and Carrera
In Response To: Dubois Verona ()

Of course, Dubois Depraz was one of the original participants in the Heuer / Breitling / Buren-Hamliton / Dubois-Depraz joint venture that produced the Chronomatic / Cal 11 / Cal 12 movements.

It would not have surprised me if Dubois Depraz was to receive some number of finished chronographs (made by either Heuer or Breitling), as part of this venture. Odd, however, that the Dubois Cal 12 chronographs came somewhat late in the venture, specifically in the 1977-79 range (Daytona, Verona, etc.). Yet another mystery to go on "the list".

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Stewart,

: I was told by my old watchmaker, that Duois Depraz most likely had
: chronographs made by Heuer, with their name on the dial instead
: of the Heuer shield.
: He was a Heuer dealer until the late '80s.

: I once owned one like this...
:

: But mine was a real beater...

: Regards

: Darwin

Messages In This Thread

Unusual Dubios Daytona
Dubois Verona
Dubois -- Verona, Daytona and Carrera
Dubios Daytona and Carrera (and Don't Forget Aristo)
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE