The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Confusion reigns with re-blogging...

Sometimes this kind of mis-information ends up on postings that are re-blogged.

I found a blog referencing a blog post of mine, with my photo, (of the 3 Heuer Silverstones), and the blog goes on to talk about them as if they are the TAG Heuer re-issue versions, saying that the re-issues are available in Blue, Red and Black. I did leave a comment pointing out the errors.
This sort of thing can then get re-blogged again and again, until it reaches a point where it looks like the information is factually correct.. almost like a modern form of chinese whispers. Thankfully it doesn't happen too much.

Stewart

: No, the one on the left is not the "original" Carrera
: (from 1963/64), it's the first "Jack Heuer" re-issue,
: from 2004.

: Have a look at this Tumblr posting --
: http://onthedash.tumblr.com/post/20110725595/thesociallyincorrect-sometimes-it-take

: Still, it's interesting to compare these two, and see what Jack
: Heuer selected as his special Carreras, in 2004 and now for the
: 2012 re-issue.

: Jeff

:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE