The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Dial looks great! Perhaps the crystal has been replaced,

However, that was a great bargain at $550!! I believe the crystal should be more domed since it sits a bit too high above the bezel. Shouldn't be too difficult to replace with a more original appearing crystal. Craig Bergsma identified a very close substitute just a day or so ago on this forum (from otto frei) so just tab down a bit and you'll find that post. As Stewart said, the bezel insert shows some age (wear) but there is an aftermarket supplier on e-bay if that bothers you. All in all, a terrific pickup at a fantastic price! Congratulations!!

: I picked this up from my watchmaker for what I feel is a fair Price
: (550.00 USD)

: Not Sure of the Details

: It is marked 1163 V
: So I assume that the Bezel insert is wrong? or did some ship this
: way?

: Does it look aftermarket to you?
: ( I have seen some with a similar font and off center lume dot so I
: am not sure...)

: Are Tachy Bezels available?

: How does the overall condition look?

: Thanks in advance for helping this Heuer Newbie

: Cheers

: Adam

: (PARDON THE FUZZ)
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE