The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Help identifying my watch
In Response To: Re: Help identifying my watch ()

Hi Mark

Many thanks for the reply!

I will take a look at removing the strap to check the serial, but in the meantime have some more questions if I may...

The shop who arranged the repair did not seem to know much about these watches at all. I asked about water resistance, and they said best to treat it as 30m, but I have seen other info on the web mentioning 100m. Having been factory serviced I would expect it to be at the original water resistance, do you know what that would be?

Also the crown only winds in one direction, and I don't feel any mechanical resistance when doing that, so I'm not sure if the crown winds the watch or if it is only the auto-winder that does it.

Lastly, the shop set the date wrong - is it ok/possible to wind back to an earlier date?

Yes, it is good to be wearing something that connects me to my grandfather - he used to ride a BSA motorbike as well, but that's for another forum!

Cheers

Bob

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE