The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Autavia 2446 Compression case study

I have had the opportunity to study two very similar and yet very different watches and found some obvious and not so obvious details which, when revealed, will shed some more light on the 2446 compression case. In past discussions, I have been party to the spread on some incorrect facts about this execution but I must stress, this was not intentional. I believe watch forums are awash with this sort of thing. A little knowledge can be dangerous and in our enthusiasm, mine included, we often spread untruths and misinformation. To the more experienced among us this may appear almost comical and to the less experienced, it is most certainly fraught with danger as we have a tendency to believe the written word when we know no better.

In order to set the record straight, take a look at the picture below and see how many differences you can find between the two watches. If you are really brave you can list those differences than cannot be seem. Focus your attention on the case and dial. Some time tomorrow I will reveal in picture form some of the differences that I have found.

Regards
Paul
www.heuerworld.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE