The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: How bad is it out in the wild?

Thanks for the kind thoughts both online and off.

I have no proof but I am comfortable in my perception of the events.

At the end of the day I will find another 2446, probably not quite as good of a deal.
Richard has already started to dig me one up. (many thanks)

As for the role of OTD, it probably was a factor. The intent of the posters was only noble.

Simply the pursuit of relevant information and a "way to go" or two.

If someone wants to take that information and do something unethical, so be it. I will not be involved.

I have been on the other side of the coin, and have been offered more money minutes after agreeing to
a sale. I simply emailed the buyer and said that there was an offer for $500 more, and I gave the buyer the
choice of a cheque for $500 and no watch or the watch at the agreed upon price. The individual took the watch.
I lost $500 but gained much more in terms of reputation from both parties who appreciated the way it was handled.

"Buy the seller" some guy said.

If anyone knows of a east coast US based lawyer that knows vintage watches and wants to have a little fun with the seller, let me know. ;-)

Thanks guys

Rob

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE