The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
A very special manual Siffert...Also, thanks to Craig...

Month's ago I grabbed a deal on ebay for a manual Siffert which is featured in the catalogue here http://www.onthedash.com/Guide/_Catalogs/1972_Chronograph_Catalog/72Chronos2223.jpg as Stewart M. pointed out. At first I had my doubts as I have never seen a Siffert with red accent sweeping hand but it didn't bother me much but when Stewart pointed out the catalog blimy I realized I landed myself a rare manual Siffert.

It was in a highly overpolished state...

I sent it to Craig Bergsma to see what he can do and he did his best to bring back the finishing of the Autavia's case and it came back as handsome as ever. Thank you, Craig you were a pleasure to work with you. I will also mention that he did come work on three other Autavias and these also came back beautified :-)

This is the coolest manual Siffert that I have ever laid eyes on :-) The picture fails to show the finishing but trust me he brought it back to a nice state. Wearing her today for work :-)

Messages In This Thread

A very special manual Siffert...Also, thanks to Craig...
Great find - and great restoration
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE