The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Ball-Park = $8K to $9K
In Response To: Going Rate for a Siffert *PIC* ()

First things first . . . congratulations on sending a child to MIT!! That's quite an accomplishment, and I'm sure that this education will be a fantastic investment and a great experience.

In terms of the Siffert, subject to all the usual questions about condition, service history, originality, how patient you can be, etc., I would estimate the value to be in the $8,000 to $9,000 range. Sifferts are on a real surge lately, and this one looks nice.

In terms of the shape of the "V", I don't give that much of a premium . . . in my opinion, it's not especially rare or especially early, so I view it as marketing hype. I believe that most serious buyers would pay just as much for the pointed, narrow "V", all else being equal. But, if you can go with the hype and get an extra $1,000 for the "V", then more power to you . . . that will probably pay for a week or so of college!!

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++

: With my youngest going to MIT soon, and MIT having a very different
: definition of generous financial aid than I do, I'm giving some
: though to divesting of some of my toys. This includes my early
: Siffert on a GF bracelet. It took me a long time to find, but
: education is a priority and I've got way too many toys.

: So can anybody give me an idea on what the going rate?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE