The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
A rare autavia bracelet?...experts advice...

Hi, guys, I recently received a bracelet which I believed belonged to an Autavia the only thing is... I don't know which one... The bracelel looks like an Oyster style type it doesn't has the diver extension like the one I believe Arno sold on an Autavia once. I tried to fit on one of my Autavias (i.e., an 1163) but I'm certain the endlink may not be the correct ones (they were too thin to cover both the bottom and top of the lug space)... Can any of you shed some light into this? I was thinking that if only I can find an endlink with the correct size straight end for an 1163 and opening for a bracelet of this type and it would easily install then.

Here are some pictures...

P.S. I believe I've seen the same bracelet on here before being sold, the version sold had the diver's extension but not sure if it came with the correct endlinks.

Who can tell me about it... and what was the proper endlink for it... I was thinking of trying generic straight endlinks but even here not sure if it would fill the gap correctly in between an 1163 from top to bottom even though it would be 20mm.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE