The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Boxes??
In Response To: Boxes?? ()

Hi Brian
You have two lovely and desirable boxes. I have seen the plastic one discussed on the forum in the past but cannot give more info however the plain red cardboard box is more familiar to me. I have a NOS Autavia 2446C GMT first execution full set with box and papers and the box is the same as yours. My guess is that it precedes the so called racing box with the black and white chequered boarder with "Automatic" printed on the front or not. It’s a rare piece and I have only ever seen two including my own so now it’s three. Picture attached.
Regards
Paul
www.heuerworld.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE