The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Fantastic results - this model Autavia is my favourite !

Please excuse me replying late to this thread, i have been away the last week or so & completely off-line.

Wow !!! What a great final result you have there Pier.
A very successful sympathetic restoration & i loved the way you wrote the article.
There is something so balanced about these large triple register Autavia's. It does make you question why they reduced the size of the subdials in the following editions.
Also a revelation to find out that the Hour & Minute hands are made of different materials. Does anyone have an opinion on this, are they originally like this ? Why would that be ?
The before & after pictures are a credit to the watchmaker.
I am certain you will enjoy this rare, rare beast. I echo my own words when i say yet again, i cant wait to get a pair of dauphine hands for my own watch.

Cheers - Darren

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE