The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
This Guy Is Too Dumb to Fool Most Readers
In Response To: It's some bare-faced cheek... ()

We might think that the style and language of this "Phillips Snyder" make it unlikely that he will fool any prospective buyers, but the fact that he sends these messages probably suggests that he enjoys some some success. Even if the success rate is very low (say 1 in 100), these crooks are motivated to persist in these efforts. The most that we can do is to publicize these scams and be vigilant in our own purchases.

Jeff

++++++++++++++

: ...to ask the prospective buyer for photos, presumably to help
: perpetuate and proliferate the scam!

: May I suggest replying with some of the most obvious fakes from the
: gallery, should stop that secondary scam in its tracks.

: I've thought about posting to say I'm looking for non-existent
: watches, like 1138 Monacos, but it's not worth the time - not
: like it would stop them, just give us proof positive they're not
: on the level.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE