The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Parcel Pro for Me
In Response To: Posting from US to UK ()

I use ParcelPro for all my watch shipments, both domestic and international. Parcel Pro provides "standalone" insurance, that is not dependent on the coverage provided (or not provided) by US Postal, USP or FedEx. When you read the fine print, you will find that FedEx and UPS likely will not cover antiques or jewelry, etc. So the guy at the counter might sell you the insurance, but that may not get you anything if you end up pursuing a claim.

The only hitch with Parcel Pro is that you must have an account. Either the shipper or the recipient can have the account, but you can't use them for a "one off" shipment. Perhaps you have a friend in the watch world who has an account, and can arrange for you to use this account? Parcel Pro provides an excellent service and I have even heard of favorable experiences with some high-dollar claims.

By the way, I have heard of some deep discounting of airfares between the US and the UK, so maybe the plane ticket will be a cost effective way to get the watch!!

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Morning all

: I have been lucky enough to acquire quite a valuable carrera from
: the US & need to arrange shipment to the UK - can anyone
: recommend an insured carrier?
: Thanks
: John

Messages In This Thread

Posting from US to UK
Parcel Pro for Me
Re: Parcel Pro for Me
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE