The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Mark, you clearly have taste
In Response To: Some limited Speedies ()

Funny timing this thread.. I've recently (several weeks ago) become the owner of a Speedy. Bought for a project, as I'm waiting for a Mitsukoshi dial to arrive ;0)
As I too was rather taken by it. I came across the Mitsukoshi as part of my hunt for a panda dialed watch, as I think the Carreras are a little too small for me. I can't wait, I think the Mitsukoshi is one of the best looking watches around, and I don't say that lighty.
A few of the guys on WUS have done custom Mitsukoshi's, with tiny variations, like white sub dial needles, silver hands and black chrono sweep hand (aka Daytona Cosmograph).

Stewart

: This was originally posted over on TZ UK:

:
: http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?233701-Who-knew-there-were-so-many-special-Speedmasters

: I thought about putting it on the Omega forum but not sure how much
: traffic that gets nowadays, and plenty here seem to like
: themselves the occasional Speedmaster too.

: And, whilst there's an argument to be made for not messing with the
: iconic original, some of these are rather nice too:

: http://www.theacelist.com/watches/special-speedmasters/

: I'm rather taken with the Mitsukoshi panda dial myself:

:
:

Messages In This Thread

Some limited Speedies
Re: Some limited Speedies
Mark, you clearly have taste
Funnily enough...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE