The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuer Montreal 750.503B

At the beginning of the year, I found an old Heuer Montreal - a 750.503B with a blue dial and the Valjoux 7750 movement, sat looking a little sad... on a cheap rally style strap, with a TAG Heuer deployant clasp, looking unloved.

I had some long email conversations with StewartM who helped me confirm its identity (and a non-named dial Pasadena I own) and seem to recall it was a rare / unusual case type - I'll check my mail! Anyway, huge thanks to Stewart - and if you wish to borrow it to photograph for your blog, yu are most welcome.

I parted with my hard earned and bought it, and then spoke to Heuerboy... and handed it to him back in March this year. I said I wasn't in a hurry so I wasn't bothered, but today I've met up with him and collected the old girl. The case has been repolished to return the original starburst finish, the strap replaced with a genuine Heuer one and genuine Heuer buckle. It's had a full service, the chrono hand repainted, but the rest has been left in the slightly faded look. Hope you like it... I'm delighted. :)

[/quote]

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE