The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Off-Topic: Interesting Interview with Gerald Genta

Here is an interesting interview with Gerald Genta --

http://www.veryimportantwatches.com/files/pdf/creating_desing_rules_en.pdf

Here is my favorite section of the interview:

Which watch did you wear at the time?
    I will request that you don’t write this, but I don’t like watches!

Why not write it? It’s impressive!...
    For me, watches are the antithesis of liberty. I am an artist, a painter, I hate having to adhere to the constraints of time. It irritates me.

And why not write it?
    It is somewhat pejorative. However, though I don’t like wearing watches, I do really like creating them!... Personally, my interest is more intrigued by a pair of high-quality shoes, because they offer comfort, or by an elegant piece of clothing, because elegance forms part of my personality . . .

So there you have it . . . Gerald Genta, probably the leading watch designer in history, just didn't like to wear them!!

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE