The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
SCAN and Story from Jasper Bitter

Here is a story and some photos, submitted by Jasper Bitter, from Germany:

Walking through an old shopping area in a nearby town, I noticed that a jewelers shop had closed down. So I pushed my business card under the door to contact the owner, and he called me the next day as he was clearing up the shop.

I left work and drove there fast, and we met after a few minutes. He told me that his business was not doing well in the last few years and that his grandfather opened the watchmaking section about 95 yaers ago!! Being nosey, I asked him about Heuer watches and he told me that his shop offered them in the 1960's and 70's, as a local agent. But they had received no stock from Heuer since 1980, because the shop was not a dealer any longer.

I was disappointed and so we only had a look around the old watchmaker-repair section of the empty shop. And guess what we found (no, I found in an old cupboard -- this Heuer stopwatch "Pulsometre" and the two Heuer wirstwatch displays!!! The old man was happy to speak with a collector, and gave me it all three things for only 20 euros!! The stopwatch has the original sales tag, with the ref. 403.229 and the sales price of 105.- DM from 1970 (??) on it and on the back side the big ref-sticker is still on it too!!

So I had great luck and a very happy day!!! These things happen and Heuer watches or other items are still out there waiting to be found for us all!!!

Jasper Bitter

jasperbitter@aol.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE