The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Missing FedEx Packages / UPS and USPS Better??
In Response To: Re: Stolen Heuer Verona ()

sorry to hear about this missing Verona.

this is the 3rd instance that I've heard of in the last year relating to a missing FedEx package (or watch stolen out of FedEx box) . . . in each case a high dollar watch.

I am curious -- have people had better success with either UPS or US Postal Service??

my one suggestion is use big, ugly box, with plain brown paper taped all the way around. Big, ugly, light box would appear to be something other than watch or jewelry, and is difficult to steal because of its size . . . wrapping with brown paper all the way around the box makes it more difficult for handler / sorter / driver to slit one seam to open the box.

what service do our readers find most secure?? I am a big fan of UPS, because using "www.myups.com" you can prepare everything from your computer (label, invoice, insurance, etc.) . . . another benefit of this online processing is that you hand the package and label to the person behind the counter, and they don't know the insured value.

jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Sorry to hear. I feel your pain, been there
: with that company...Will keep ears and eyes
: open.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE