The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Actually that's an Eterna model...
In Response To: Porsche Design - Pasadena ()

: There's a Porsche Design Chrono on ebay that is
: the Pasadena. I don't recall Heuer ever
: building this for pd. It reads "Porsche
: Design 25 years". Jim? Chuck?

The Porsche Design (Orfina models) are similar to the Pasadena in general appearance but very different in the details. At some point I do intend to do a detailed side by side comparision between these (and other) "Black watches"... Since Orfina made Porsche Design chronographs in both 7750 and 5100 trim it's quite possible for someone to think they are identical, but they are notably different in execution.

in the late 1990's Porsche Design bought Eterna Lock Stock and Barrel and cut all ties with IWC and Orfina. By that time the 5100 was already in very constrained so the first Eterna model was the 25th anniversary 7750 model.

I don't own an Eterna Porsche design. They are very nice watches, but I'd rather own a Vintage Orfina or IWC if I'm going to be paying for it. However if a Eterna came along at the right time when I had money to spare, I'd surely think about it.

-- Chuck

Messages In This Thread

Porsche Design - Pasadena
Actually that's an Eterna model...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE