The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: I am, but concede it may just be me (and that's ok). *PIC*

Well don't take me to0 "literally" Jeff...

However when i wear my Big Red 6263 Daytona i think it's a beautiful watch but is slightly too small, although the screw pushers help.

So to me the 2446 Autavia Panda is (to me, and maybe me only) a Heuer version of a Daytona, but a bit more satisfyingly chunky (40mm across bezel not 37.something) and shares many design similarities. For me a "Daytona" style needs to have a bezel which rules out a Carrera and if i'm honest, all the watches i love have bezels... Perhaps it's a personal thing, we can all see different things ;-)

Either way i love both, but marginally the Autavia wins and will get more wear due to value and size.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE