The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
A suggestion?
In Response To: Re: Good job Per ()

: Yea, that is something I considered, but then decided that it was
: never going to be a collector piece like my previous one which
: was a little too nice to wear. I have always been a resto-mod
: kind of guy. Thanks!

Hi Per,

Nice effort bud but if i can make a suggestion??, the ready-mixed lume is not good for working with, especially dials, i'm all for you taking on the challenge but your making the job in hand a lot harder from the off by using this mixed lume.

Its a lot better to get a feel for relumeing using your own mix of lume and binder, again its best to use a quality lume and binder rather than going the cheaper route.

Cousins UK do some good starter sets and the lume and binder are decent, its not what i use but good nonetheless. If you need any help or pointers don't hesitate to email me, i'd be happy to help.

As you may have found out, its not an easy task but rewarding once done right :)

Best,

James.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE