The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Off-Topic: Huge Sale of Micro-Cars in Georgia

Hello Jeff,

thanks for sharing. I (born in 1956) remember quite well to see those BMW Isettas,
Messerschmitt Kabinenroller etc. in the streets. At that time they were the cars bought
by people, who didn't have the money to buy a Volkswagen Beetle, an Opel Rekord or
something even better.
Our neighbour had the Isetta, with his two-years-old son lying under the rear window...
I do not dare to imagine the consequences of an accident.
Today we have seat belts, airbags, traction control etc..
But the microcars gave mobilitiy to the people of that time , and they enjoyed it.
I'm not sure whether we are much happier with 250 HP in an SUV although I enjoy it
(not the 250 HP, but the SUV).
Times have changed.

So, thank you and best wishes
Werner Boeinck

Messages In This Thread

Off-Topic: Huge Sale of Micro-Cars in Georgia
Re: Off-Topic: Huge Sale of Micro-Cars in Georgia
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE