The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Dark side blame game - Peter, It's your fault..

..and David D to some degree..

For a looong time I have felt the need for a Sub.. many on here love 'em, and the other forums are rife with them. I posted up my feelings on a 16800, my first Rolex ever, on here. Long and short of it - I genuinely hated it, with a passion.. but the scratch didn't go away.. with Rich C saying that 'everyone should have one'.. made me think.

Then Peter posted up his pic of a WGS 5513.. seen here: http://www.chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?md=read;id=58013
From then on, I was on a mission. I got a wee bit tipsy one evening and found one.. it arrived today.. WOW. I know the big players favour the earlier non-wgs matt dials, but I like this model.. I think the WGS 'lifts' the dial, and the dial - THAT gloss is amazing. THAT plexi too..OMG. I can't quite believe the marked difference between the 16800 and this 5513. The design is so pure and clean.. and the wgs hour plots.. love 'em. I love the polished plots on Autavias, so this is perfect for me.

Anyway.. I've tried it on a few straps - the original bracelet, a deep grey NATO and one of my Heuerville straps -aka David D style! I really do love it..

FYI. I got it from the US - from Jacek at HQ Milton - great bunch of guys.

Stewart
Heuerville

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE