The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Carrera 7753 NS

A review of my last acquisition: a beautiful 7753 carrera référence NS.

I acquired this model by chronotrader forum and she has traveled extensively to reach me : USA, QUEBEC, Marseille and finally PARIS !

The acquisition was a grail for me, my affection for black dials and especially for "panda" is the basis of my passion for watches and a guideline in my collection brand HEUER

Carrera with specific movement ?

Normally, the Movements "classic" that we can found in carrera are valjoux 72 for 3 registers (reference 2447, 2448, 2456) and valjoux 92 for 2 registers (reference 3647, 3648).
The model 7753 is more "late" production and she have his own movement with valjoux 7730.

Web credit

This movement was produced until 1973; it provides a power reserve of 45 hours and 18000 vibration/hour.
This movement also runs some other two registers in the same time like LIP ASTREE, YEMA ... but especially the breitling "TOP TIME" and for HEUER the reference AUTAVIA 7763.
I have myself this model of Autavia in my own collection

After collect some informations, an other Heuer watch have the same movement : the CAMARO 7743.

Forgotten reference ?

For me this beautiful “carrera NS" is the forgotten reference and the symbol of a small production and that makes this watch a rare piece !

Don’t forget that we are in the time for HEUER, especially in US market, where customizing his watch allow to reach a younger audience is important.

In all official documentation that I found (thank OTD !) you have always highlight classical references (S: silver, N: black, T: tachometer, NT : Black + Tacho, D: decimal) but I had a lot of difficulty finding the trace of a reference NS.

Credit OTD

We can found her sister the “7753 NT”. She is however highlighted on this advertising and put her like a Wristwatch reference in the world of motor racing and especially the world of rally.

My model has a history that is rare in a lady over 40 years!

In fact, she had one owner before I could buy it : it was purchased by him in 1971 in Switzerland directly.

A quick description

The watch case have little “life scratch” but has never been polished before.
I like the “fat lugs” ! the dial is gorgeous by his simplicity with one point tritium at 3 and 9 o'clock.

On the following pics we can see :

The short index : double bar with white line between.

Hour and minute Hands: black on base just before presence of tritium

Reference on the watch case

Original HEUER buckle with my ralle strap

Final wristshot

I hope you like my first review, please let me know if you have more informations about this carrera
Keep the faith

DJAYROM

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE