The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: 2 questions for Mark
In Response To: 2 questions for Mark ()

: 1.
: If you were pressed to name a favourite steel case 2nd gen Carrera
: which would it be (not just from your own collection but from
: all models) ?

And it can't be all of them, right? :) It's a toughie, I don't think you can go wrong. My choice might change from day to day, but I'd probably opt for one of the outliers like an N Yachting or a 110.253 G.

: 2.
: If a new collector asked which 2nd gen steel Carrera should i start
: with, what should it be ? The reason i ask is i was recently
: asked this question & i answered a Cal.12 version 1153S.
: I think i seek some reassurance i've dealt some sound advice.

Decent advice. I'd say for second gen, N dial is more iconic than S (other way round for first gen). I'd opt for double markers only at 12 too, the dial begins to get a bit cluttered with doubles all round.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE