The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Pre, Hervue?, REVUE DASH CLOCK

Thanks again, Stewart,

I must admit I am a bit of an Angenou as far as watches are concerned. Although I have a couple of M/T's and M/C's (and An Omega from a 21st. Birthday present many years ago), my interest comes only from RallyTimers and financial self-interest.
However, thank you for the informative link. I have never before seen this about the origin of the Family, hence the Brand name. But, being controversial, this begs a few questions.

How did the name Hervue come about? Surely a corruption of Heuer?
Was there a common supplier of cases, backplates, screws and threads to both Heuer and the Waldenburg Clock Company (since 1853) , or
Was there some collaborative arrangement between the two manufacturers at some point in time?

Both types of backplates, round and square, seem to fit all Motor and Marine clocks and stopwatches.
Finally, in Accessories, the early type of backplate seem to be only of 3 holes. However there is no reference to a circular backplate. (Navia?)

Interestingly, the 1910 Chronograph in the Master reference Code has an identical script-type and hand- design to the Revue we are talking about.

Please understand, I am only having a bit of fun to what some might consider to be a fairly semantic issue!
My only 'defence' seems to be that one other contributor (Michwor) seems to have an identical clock.

Kindest Regards
David,
: Heuer made the first mountable timers in 1911 (I think).. called
: 'time of trip' - google it and you'll find a pic.
: The Heuer name is a family name, not a made up trademark.. it means
: 'Haymaker' and has it's own family crest.

: Stewart

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE