The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Are you guys into tropical... Camaro conent...

Hi to you all.. as some of you might have seen.. i got myself back into vintage Heuer.. pulling the trigger on the 1133B.

But also after my dad gave me his longtime watch.. silver dial version... i wanted a black version of it also.

So i started looking. And in 1 week to came along. 1 which looked black.... and when it arrived i was smiling all over my face...

AS I AM A TROPICAL DIAL GUY. I love tropical... always did. In Daytona's.. in Submariners.. in GMT's...

And in this surprise Camaro..

Love to wear it like this..

But today... after some patience... this one came to me.
I bought it as a pure gamble.. as the images... looked like this..

Corrosion ? damaged dial ?? bad movement..??

I had the feeling there might be some nice flavor in there.. and with some great help from a friend David D. who is a fantastic Guy!!!... i took the gamble.

The first reply when he received the watch (before i could see it)... sounded ok.. but also some work. He polished the first scratches off the christen.. and the image showed some of the beauty i was looking for.

He send it to a guy he calls the MASTER.... and the feedback was ... some smaller work then expected.

And today it arrived...

I LOVE IT!

I am so happy. With the bracelet it has this real nice vintage style!

Here are some more tropicals from my collection...

And some from the past...

So i am also wondering how you guys from the Heuer world look upon tropical dials.

In Omega and Rolex it is quite a BONUS.... not for everyone.. but i know quite some people who kill for a real nice brown Daytona.. etc. They love the warmth and special feeling of the brown dial...
How do you guys feel???

Thanks

Bernhard

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE