The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
A great kindness. Thankyou Linda W.

Dear Jeff,

At the time of great sadness in Boston and elsewhere, I have a small story of great kindness.

A couple of months ago, having sold a nice Herwins Rally Pair, I was looking to replace them with a similar set plastic Heuers. But this was not to be.
Having Googled 'Heuer Mastertime for sale' I was directed to 'bidorbuy.za'. There was a Mastertime in far from good condition, with a starting price of 250 Rands (27 USD)!
I could not believe my luck when I was the only bidder and won.

Apparently Paypal does not work in South Africa, so I resorted to a Bank Transfer but, because I cannot get the correct IBAN Code for her account (and, believe me, it's not for want of trying), to this day, the lady still does not have her money. Linda W. said ''Don't worry, I will trust you and post it and you can pay when you can find a way of paying the money''.

The parcel arrived on Tuesday. Although you may never read this. ''Thank you Linda''!

Kind Regards,
David

P.S. This is why I have posted a WTB in your Trader Forum.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE