The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
A very beautiful Heuer – One of two known

On the 10’Th of June 2010 our friend Paul Gavin revealed a Heuer that some until then doubted was ever produced. http://www.chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?md=read;id=36472

When I saw it I was stunned by the beauty – a beauty that was, as so often enhanced by Paul’s fantastic photo.

Then recently one was for sale on Chronotrader but I wasn’t quick enough so it sold to somebody else. Or so I thought because the sale didn’t happen and I was offered the watch. I said yes and the watch landed in Denmark last week. Wow it looks nice with the contrasting green and orange surrounded by mat black. Just as I had hoped.

It was (afaik) only shown in the 1985/6 catalogues and I think it is fair to assume that Heuer only made the 510.547 to order. It seems that they had case backs stamped 510.501, so when a 510.541 was sold Heuer probably just fitted a 547 internal bezel to a 501 watch.

But here are pictures of my Heuer Boxing 510.547 – only the second known besides Poul’s. I got it with an original bracelet but have fitted a leather strap that I think looks better - and then the bracelet is kept mint.

Thanks for looking
Peter, Denmark

The box didn't come with the watch so might not be correct for the 510.xxx "1000" range Heuers

Bracelet and watch are in mint condition

The Lemania 5100 with 7 hands is a positive acquaintance

The Boxing with leather

Messages In This Thread

A very beautiful Heuer – One of two known
Re: A very beautiful Heuer – One of two known
Re: Here is number two
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE