The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Ebay seller wholesaleoutlet990
In Response To: Ebay seller wholesaleoutlet990 ()

I haven't experienced particularly bad customer service, but you need to be careful which inserts you buy..

I can't shed light on all the Heuer inserts, but here are my findings..
it seems that they are slightly confused between the 1163 and 11630...

11630 GMT.. These are the wrong size.. They will fit, but they aren't wide enough, so you get a gap between insert and glass. I think they have been sized for a 1163.

The only insert for the 11630 that is the correct size is the min-hour 'flat' with bezel pip.
I did buy a tachy version, but again, same issue as the Gmt above.

I say the min-hr fits.. Well not exactly.. You might need to lightly sand the outer edge.

I did offer my assistance with correct measurements for all models, but I didn't get a response.

Stewart

Messages In This Thread

Ebay seller wholesaleoutlet990
Re: Ebay seller wholesaleoutlet990
My wiew
Re: My wiew
Re: My wiew
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE