The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer Modena
In Response To: Heuer Modena ()

Hi Thomas, and welcome to the forum.

From what we can tell, the Modena was the Monza for the German market - most of them we have seen have still been in Germany. If you search for Modena here, you'll find what few entries there are.

So, a rare watch but not one that's fundamentally different from the less rare Monza, so the price would depend on how much of a premium any buyer is willing to pay for that extra degree of rarity. From my view, a 5,-k € offer is quite a generous one, but for me Modena is a bit less evocative than Monza - Maranello might be slightly different, but I'd probably still opt for the race track in the end.

Mark

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE