The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Sinn - One, Heuer - Zero *PIC*

Well in the keeping of the Olympic spirit this week, I proclaim my Sinn the winner when compared to the Heuer. How about you?

Recently got both of these in separate transactions. The reason I decided to post this is they both share the exact same case. But there the similarities end.

I really like the clean looks of both. Yes, I know the Heuer has a quartz movement, the Sinn an Automatik. But everything about the Sinn watch is better. The dial really pops out at you. maybe it's the gold outlining of the markers and hands. It is hard to visualise, but on the Sinn, the dial markers seem to float above the jet black face. They are not painted on the face but appear to be on the back side of the crystal.

The bezel on the Sinn is much more intricate in it's shape with extra notches, where the Heuer has just flat cut sides. (yes, I need to take an edge view)
The bracelet on the Sinn is also much more substantial too.
All in all Sinn wins this round hands down in my book.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE