The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I Don't Have This One . . . Yet ! ! !
In Response To: do you now have every...... ()

J.H.:

I will plan on writing more about this latest "find". The "tip" for the moment is not be be afraid to look in the places that seem too high-brow / fancy / expensive. Garage sales and flea markets are what we all dream of, but my last two GMTs have come -- at very favorable prices -- from Newbury Street (in Boston) and 57th Street (in Manhattan) . . . this is the "high rent" district, but while everyone is flashing the Pateks, Vacherons and Rolexes, you might just find an old Heuer laying in the weeds!!

Here is a GMT that I am missing / chasing - - -

The fun is in the hunt. Cheers and happy hunting to everyone!!

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: very nice find!! any tips to us
: "amateur" out of town heuer
: hunters???

: can't wait until it's done. great idea and as
: usual i'm hoping to learn more from your
: vast knowledge and personal collection of
: autavias.

: look forward to it, as i'm sure everyone else
: is also.

: j.h.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE