The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Story of an Autavia 73363 Siffert Colors

Based on some research, this little 73363 has made the rounds in the last year. Bought and sold at least twice, and has moved around Europe and finally ended-up in the US. It appears in was originally sold about a year ago off eBay looking like this, with incorrect hands, and some question(s) about the bezel insert being correct.

The second owner (this year) found a set of hands very close to originals, and sold the piece to me, looking like this:

Based on the overall condition, I opted for a full restoration. This included a new bezel insert (I went with Tachy and kept the MH for future reference). For this watch, the old was faded and would not match the restoration. The Valjoux 7733 was completely dissembled, cleaned and serviced. The case which was in poor condition, and was painstakingly refinished. Finally, the crystal was replaced and of course the bezel insert fitted and switched to the period correct Tachy style.

Below are some photos of the restoration and of the watch which arrived in the mail today. As you can guess, I am thrilled with the finished product.

And finally, a wrist shot sporting a new black leather rally band and period correct Heuer buckle.

Thank you to Richard Awiza - RA Time (www.ratime.com, ratime@verizon.net) for the excellent work on this piece.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE