The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
The Dark Side with a subtle mod

I've finally got around to having a Superdome crystal fitted to my Sub 1680. I know purists might sneer, but I can't tell you what a huge difference it makes. The watch is so much more wearable now, the dial more legible without the cyclops being in the way. The crystal giving the lume plots a beautiful 'oval distortion'.
The cyclops never really made much sense to me.. it broke up the clean dial and you had to look at it dead-on to see the magnified date. For a tool dive watch, I always thought this a frilly pointless addition. Plus the original 'top-hat' crystal was fairly flat, and was very 'mineral glass-like'.. I'm so pleased with the super dome.

Thanks to Jimbo for sorting it all for me!

Anyway, enough waffling - here it is, a '78 Sub 1680 with Superdome crystal..

Stewart
- Heuerville

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE