The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: That's a good question JH, I don't know...

: well i don't know anything about the 730 really
: except i've seen it in a few chronos. seems
: to be a triple date, full chrono, manual
: wind setup from what i've gathered. i have
: no idea if it's number is really the 730
: only, that i have seen or if it's part of
: the 73xx family you mentioned??

If it's a 3-Register I wouldn't be surprised if it's a follow on to the v.728 movement. I seem to have a fleeting memory of running across a v.729 movement, but I can't remember when or where. I own a v.728 in the form of a Certina ChronoOlympic Regatta...

I wish I knew more, but maybe not! It is always a good thing to have new things to learn!

Cheers!

-- Chuck

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE