The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
New Watch Day: Carrera 2447N

I was always a bit hesitant to buy a Carrera due to the 36mm case size, especially when I first got into the Heuer brand during a time when I was wearing 40-44mm watches. At this point in my collecting career, I consider an automatic Autavia to be a large watch, so the time was right to try something smaller.

Even before I ever wanted to own a Carrera, I appreciated the design, and I think they are about as perfect as a chronograph can get. The first time I saw them in person was at the Carrera 50th anniversary event here in NYC, and seeing them and hearing Jack speak about really piqued my interest and I knew it was only a matter of time before I owned one.

So here's what I ended up with, a 2447N, on a bracelet to boot! The watch is in great condition with a nearly flawless dial, and a case that has probably never been polished. All I need to do is polish the crystal and the watch is ready to be enjoyed.

Messages In This Thread

New Watch Day: Carrera 2447N
Re: New Watch Day: Carrera 2447N
Re: New Watch Day: Carrera 2447N
My absolute favorite
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE