The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Early Version / Late Version

I believe that there are (at least) two versions of the Mareographe.

David shows us a beautiful example of the early one, with the polished steel hands - - -

Here is a later version, with the painted white hands and some different artwork on the tide dial.

The photos of the one offered on ebay are not very clear, but it appears (??) to be a correct sample of the later version. Difficult to be certain from the photos on ebay, but that would be my guess.

David -- congratulations on the beautiful Mareographe. can you please send me some more photos, to add to OnTheDash??

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: And cost a heck of a lot less....Granted I am
: now faced with the cost of an overhaul.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE