The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Here are Photos / Now Tell Us the Story!!

: So I have heard the story of the Griswold
: spider....but it is nice to see my pal
: Howard's Sprint pictured, too. Do you own
: this car now, or is it still in San Diego? I
: think I drove it once, at Willow Springs,
: abut 10 years ago, but I don't recall....

: So, Peter, when are you bringing your Spider
: and your Wakmann to an AROSC time trial or
: race?

: My last race weekend was at Willow Springs in
: October, where I was driving an Alfa SSZ
: tube frame car w/ a GTV6 motor. I was
: wearing my Autavia GMT, which was originally
: awarded to Tony Adamowicz for settting the
: fastest race lap in the 9 Hours of Kyalami
: in 1971 driving David Piper's Porsche 917.

: Yes, there are car guys on this site.....

Now the Ring car. You Know Alfacentro Thay have photos of it at Riverside Etc. Look under features and "The Foundling" in the good old days. She has only run up In N. Calif.@ Sears in this decade. There is info on that at the Named site above.

I never get down your way anymore. I wish I could But its a lot O cash to bring the stuff down south.

I have not done AROCK stuff in yeras decads maybe? But I would bring the Sprint down to Laguna for a time trials. I can not CSRG it as you know the car because of its state of tune etc.

If you want to know about the Sprints history It has been all over the place. 4 owners sence it was last in S. Calif. i BROUGHT THE CAR hOME with the Help of Arron Copper the rebulder for Is it Howard. Please have him contact me. I have traced all the history but him. It was in New York rusting with a blown everything.

I would love to know how it drove for you?
Me and Al Leak both thought it was the worst handeling Alfa both of us ever drove when I got it back to Calif. and got it running again.
It had 1 1/2 neg caster! Springs in the back that where for a Big block Chevy it seemed with Crap adj. English shocks so stiff the car just bounced around and would loop quicker than you could say P-Car911.
Please fell free to PM me. Buy the way
I would not be bringing the triple date on a 3 day Time trial event. On long events I bring a ruggid day date 5100 powered PVC cased Heuer wtare and sweet proof and I CAN KEEP IT ON IN THE SHOWERS.
Take Care
Very cool to see there are so meny Alfa Folks here, small world. Check out Alfabb.com lots of s. Calif racers on there.
I do hope to see you this year in that SSZ and me in the sprint. It rocks now! Lost a lot of the Alfa Giulietta feel that I love in these cars but it is a blast.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE